Wirebending & Retainer Fabrication (Basic)
Course begins with review of basic orthodontic wirebending. It then moves into fabricating simple retainers with Hawley-type labial bows, various clasps & springs, and acrylic processing & finishing.
Price per student
Please contact us at the number or email address below and ask to speak with a training class coordinator.
Email: [email protected]
Please contact our Training Class Coordinator for reservations at 716.871.1161 ext 233.
5 Day Course
Course covers fabrication of simple retainers including the construction of Hawley-type labial bows and various types of clasps and springs.
For technicians with limited or no previous experience. Above average manual dexterity skills are a plus.
- General oral anatomy and orthodontic terms
- Introduction to digital technology
- Wire bending techniques including use of instruments and philosophy of tooth movement
- Conventional and progressive techniques of fabricating and finishing acrylics
- Insight into specific types of appliances used in an orthodontic practice including fabrication of common retainer clasps, Hawley labial bow and basic springs
- Process, trim, and finish acrylics
Write Your Own Review