Appliance Protection Program
Great Lakes understands that appliances may be lost or destroyed through the course of treatment. This obviously creates extra expense for your patient. That's why we created our Appliance Protection Program as a type of appliance insurance. This program may also be an asset in furthering the growth of your practice. Contact Laboratory Customer Service for more information.
$29.25 Initial Registration / 25% Replacement Cost*
* Elastodontics and Twin Blocks: $33.10 Initial Registration / 50% Replacement Cost
As an additional service to our Laboratory customer, Great Lakes provides protection against loss or irreparable damage to any appliance fabricated by Great Lakes Laboratory. We believe we have a total service package unequaled anywhere in the lab industry when this program is combined with our existing benefits:
- Competitive prices
- Free repair or replacement of broken Biocryl II acrylic plates
- Free acrylic repairs of any repairable functional appliance fabricated by Great Lakes
- If the Appliance Protection Program is desired for an individual patient, it must be noted on the original prescription accompanying models and wax bite registration to the Laboratory.
- An appliance protection fee per individual appliance will be applied to the original invoice.
- Your document number will be noted on the original invoice. This, along with the fee charged is your record of purchase of the program.
- If the appliance is damaged beyond repair, the damaged appliance, original construction models, set up, and original construction bite must be forwarded to Great Lakes with new models and wax bite registration if applicable. Please note on the new prescription that this remake was insured, and provide the document number noted on the original invoice.
- If the appliance is lost, the original construction models, set up, and original construction bite must be forwarded to Great Lakes with the new models and wax bite registration if applicable.
- Please note on the new prescription that this remake was insured and provide the document number noted on the original invoice.
- Upon fabrication of a replacement appliance, a charge of 25% of the original appliance price will be applied, 50% for Elastodontics and Twin Blocks.
- Because this program is designed to offer protection against loss or irreparable damage, design changes of any type will not be included in this program.
- This program provides protection against loss or irreparable damage to an original appliance for a period of one year or one remake.
- Not Available on Positioners or The Klearway Appliance
Certificates of Protection are valid only if original construction models, set up, and original construction bite registration if applicable, are returned at time of replacement.
Great Lakes Laboratory reserves the right to determine irreparable damage and/or any other individual circumstances regarding the terms of this program.