- LaboratoryAppliancesTMD, Head & Neck Pain, & BruxismTMD, Head & Neck Pain, & BruxismAppliancesTMD, Head & Neck Pain, & BruxismTMD, Head & Neck Pain, & Bruxism
Need a hand? Our laboratory customer service team is here to help! 800.828.7626
- Shop ProductsSleep, Airway & TMDSleep, Airway & TMDThermal FormingThermal-forming MaterialThermal-forming MaterialOrthodonticsBrackets, Archwires & AuxiliariesBrackets, Archwires & AuxiliariesLaboratoryOperatorySleep, Airway & TMDSleep, Airway & TMDThermal FormingThermal-forming MaterialThermal-forming MaterialOrthodonticsBrackets, Archwires & AuxiliariesBrackets, Archwires & AuxiliariesLaboratoryOperatory
Need a hand? Our products customer service team is here to help! 800.828.7626
- Education/TrainingeLearning Courses
Great Lakes eLearning is a convenient way to learn how to fabricate appliances at your own pace without the hassle and expense of travel. It is also a cost effective way to train any number of staff members for a fraction of the cost.
Medley Rigid Nylon Links Sleep Appliance
Ask a Question
To view prices, please create an account. The photograph shows our standard design. We can customize many of our appliances for your patient's specific needs - please see our auxiliaries and color chart.
The Medley Rigid Nylon Links Sleep Appliance, ideal for the majority of qualified patients, utilizes a mandibular “pulling” force, similar to the Medley Elastomeric Appliance. However, the Medley Links differs from the Medley Elastomeric in that the nylon link material provides a more rigid, firmer advancement feel and won’t deform.
- The link material will retain its rigidity and strength for up to 1–2 years.
If the patient experiences any discomfort or slight joint pain, the Medley Rigid Nylon Links can be replaced (utilizing the same platform) with the Elastomeric Straps to provide maximum comfort.
- The discomfort is usually temporary. Once the symptoms are relieved, the appliance can then be transitioned back to the Links.
|Indications||Snoring/Mild to Moderate OSA|
|Contraindications||Under 18 Years of Age|
Mail Traditional Models
Step 1 - Download Prescription
Step 2 - Print a Shipping Label
Step 3 - Mail it in!
Upload Digital Models
Select your scanner to view easy instructions on how to submit a digital model.
Great Lakes also supports DDX, and Planmeca. If you need assistance, please contact us.
The Medley Sleep Appliance
5mm minimal vertical incisal clearance and 60% mandibular protrusion recommended. The laboratory may need to open the bite depending on curve of Spee or in deep bite cases.
- Accurate impressions with any type of impression material are acceptable
- Impressions must adequately reflect all relevant anatomy
- Impression material must not be separating from the impression tray
- Consider pouring your models right away if your impressions are moisture, temperature, or time sensitive
- Impressions sensitive to moisture content should be wrapped in a damp paper towel and placed in a sealed plastic bag if models are not poured immediately
- Only metal impression trays and those with VPS impression material will be returned
- The nature of impression materials currently on the market may contribute to common model problems encountered in the laboratory. Have you encountered porosity (bubbles, voids) or poor surface quality? Plaster or stone mixes are water based and they interact with impression surfaces in a water-like manner. Liquids placed on solid surfaces will be either attracted to, or repelled from that surface in varying degrees. Please be aware when selecting impression material if it is hydrophilic or hydrophobic.
Hydrophilic: is attracted to, or can be wetted by water.
Hydrophobic: is when liquid is repelled or fails to bond with liquids.
Vinyl poly siloxane (VPS) options can be hydrophilic or hydrophobic. Alginate is hydrophilic.
- There are advantages and disadvantages to these impression options but there are products on the market to help reduce the disadvantages. Surfactants and debubblizer sprays can be used to lower surface tension between surfaces making the impression material more hydrophilic and assure a better impression result.
- Great Lakes carries ACU-flow™ a VPS impression material which is hydrophilic and requires NO surfactant spray for surface tension reduction, eliminating bubble formation. Surfactants must be used properly and excess surfactant should not be allowed to pool in the cusp tips. This can cause loose, sandy-like cusp tips. Excess surfactant needs to be blown out leaving a wet look only before pouring.
Learn how to take a reliable impression
- Plaster or stone models are acceptable. Generally, the durability of stone is preferred.
- Models should be reasonably trimmed, yet sufficiently thick for strength considerations.
- No horseshoe-shaped models; Models should have a base of at least 7mm in the thinnest area.
- Bases will be added as necessary (for an additional fee) to models without bases or those lacking adequate base thickness or strength.
- Please indicate if your model must be duplicated as work models may get damaged during the appliance fabrication process.
- Please package bite registrations carefully.
- Bite records must not be left between models for shipment to the lab.
- Dedicated packaging should be considered for brittle materials such as Delar wax.
- Please identify the nature and the intent of each bite record, if more than one is being supplied.
- Please consider mounting the maxillary model, before sending it to the lab, for those cases requiring mounting. Sending items such as facebows, bite forks, and mounting jigs through the mail often results in unreliable mountings.
We use the following articulators and their accessories in our laboratory:
- SAM® 1, SAM® 2, SAM® 3
- Whip Mix
- Stratos 200
- 2 Year
- Warranty voided with dental changes, damage outside of normal wear, abuse, or misuse.